Easier to use than a normal machine
Need a screen to confirm to the user the transaction was completed successfully
Nice pyramid structure arranged in order
Need a screen to tell the user what the machines progress is e.g. “were counting your cash”
Was simple enough to use. Felt like I was at the bank machine! lol! good clear wording to click the right options. Should have a pink background.
All the bank machine background colours are usually dark blue or navy with yellow or white letters and numbers!
It’s working like a dream on the iPad, and I tried all of the options lol. it’s a bit plain but it works wonderfully. Maybe you could create your own branding for the project. even a dark coloured background with white for the buttons and stuff?
i like it. it’s simple and easy to work. like the quick cash option. definitely need to put colours on. the dark background with light writing can sometimes be hard to see so maybe go for something different.
Too many buttons, make it simpler
Takes too long to get the money
Combine, lists eg main screen is on a slide down list on each page. Add receipt button to bottom of page rather than having a different page. make less pages.
I went onto the app store to look at the layout of some apps. Heres a few screen grabs.
I like the black background on this and how it used a full screen shot and magnified parts of it with a key along the bottom to explain it
Nice bright colours in this one
Showing it on the ipad screen would be a good idea, so you can get an idea of the size
I like the colour and fonts used in this
Nice narration along the sides of these two above, and i like how they’ve magnified and added in the keyboard shortcut buttons
Nice layout and simple black and white
A few scans of the pages i was using to write notes on while making my prototype
So after watching the tutorials i began to do my layout in indesign. I laid it out to fit an ipad and thought i was getting on well. Heres a few screengrabs of the process.
Heres the final indesign layout
Didn’t think it looked too bad, and i’m getting the hang of using indesign as well which is handy.
This is the how the epub looked.. As you can see the front page worked, contents sort of worked but then the main layout completely changed. Slightly disappointing.
What I found out this time:
-With the free version of in-vision app you can you can only have 30 screens per project.
– Ive added a “home” button, but before it returns to home i’ve made a page which gives you the option to cancel the decision or carry on. By doing this, i’ve had to duplicate the page about ten times so each page links back to whatever page the user was on. This was really annoying and confusing to do.
– the size is still not right for ipad but you can see most of the buttons
So after doing my first prototype i figured out a few things:
– When using an iPad you need to factor in the browser bar which is 78px high meaning your dimensions will now be 768×946
– I should properly name my jpegs before uploading them, it leaves it really confusing to link up buttons if you have 20 pages called “1st prototype”
– A few things are out of place eg one “thank you” out of three
– The “back” button will be tricky to link up so i may change this to “home” instead. That way i will be able to use the template function
– I may need to multiply some screens if i need to add a different buttons to it
So I’ve been using this site : http://www.codeacadamy.com and im going through all the tutorials for html. Having some bother when it comes to links.
Nearly finished apart from one small tutorial that just won’t work for me at all. After reading the help comments ive found that the page is broken and wont work.